The Wildlife Land Trust Australia has been operational under the auspices of Humane Society International since 2007. Since then it has grown to incorporate 158 properties protecting more than 30,000 hectares (about 75,000 acres) of wildlife habitat.
The WLT-A invites you to become part of the vital mission to create a global sanctuary system based on the principle of humane stewardship. Download the latest WLT-A newsletter and visit their web site
As one of the most naturally diverse countries on the planet, Australia is home to more than one million species of plants and animals, with more than 80 percent of these species being endemic - found nowhere else on Earth.
The crisis is real and grows more urgent every day. Something must be done. Something can be done. Protecting and preserving Australia’s streams, grasslands, forests and wetlands is essential to wildlife’s survival. Every acre protected safeguards wildlife that desperately needs our help to survive.
Working under the guiding principle of humane stewardship, the Wildlife Land Trust network of national and international sanctuaries on private lands is dedicated to wildlife and habitat protection.
Wildlife Land Trust Australia benefits
Member benefits include:
- Becoming part of a continually growing national and international network of sanctuaries, promoting best conservation practices and protecting wildlife and habitats around the world.
- The facilitation of useful communication between sanctuary members, as well as HSI staff and experienced land managers and native wildlife rehabilitators.
- Help and advice regarding both the legal and ecological integrity of the property should it be required.
- The opportunity to talk about the invaluable work undertaken to protect important wildlife habitats through feature pages on our website and in our regular Wildlife Lands newsletter.
- Wildlife Land Trust Australia signs to erect on your property.
An invitation to register your property
Whether you currently have an agreement with a State Government wildlife authority, or your land is designated through a voluntary wildlife refuge program of some kind, we would very much like to invite you to join us at the Wildlife Land Trust Australia. If you are not yet involved in any form of voluntary or formal program to protect your land, but would like to be, we would be especially glad to hear from you.
To register your property as a sanctuary with Wildlife Land Trust Australia, download an application form and send it to the following address.
Wildlife Land Trust Australia
P.O. Box 439
Avalon, NSW 2107
Tel: 02 9973 1728
Tel: 1800 333 737
Fax: 02 9973 1729